Samstag, 7. Dezember 2013

Cakes and more

Warning: lots of pics to follow* (and I am not responsible if you are hungry afterwards)

With Christmas approaching fast (and as always totally unexpected) I started my annual tradition of baking a ton of christmas cookies again. This year it all started on Nov. 20th, because it was a national holiday and the kids were home from school and kindergarten all day. So we invited friends over and baked the first sugar cookies (two moms and four kids aged 1 1/2 to 6 - glad the mess wasn't that bad).The last few days we continued baking with the kids and now have a few tin boxes full of yummy cookies and brownies.

While baking and later sharing pics online I remembered that I always wanted to write a blog post showing off my creations. I wouldn't say I am a pro, more like far from pro, because I can't really practise and have no professional background (and if I practised more someone would have to eat a lot of cake). Also unfortunately in Germany it is not possible to open up a business selling Cakes, Cookies and more from home if you are not a "Konditor" or "Bäcker" which means a licensed baker, which also means you had at least a three year training and went to school. I would totally love to open a small shop or cafe and sell baked stuff...but that's a different story.

When I started writing this blog I wrote a post about how I started to get into baking, you can read it here. It also shows a few pics of the things I baked back then (which will show up here again probably).
Let me show you some of the things I have baked during the last years, I hope that the will show my progress and that I did get a bit better and practised. Feedback will therefore be greatly appreciated.

Birthday Cakes for my daughter when she turned 4, she wanted a Barbie- and a Horsecake (like I already showed in the other post, I was so damn proud of the horse - mad out of fondant so it is edible just like the fence and grass, it took me one whole evening). The Barbie skirt is also fondant.

Cherry Cake with Marzipan, I made it for my own birthday brunch

Like seen it the other post, 50th birthday cake for our former neighbour, also the detailed fondant flowers on the side

Triple Chocolate Muffins and Pineapple Cake, these are also shown in details in the other post
  

Barbie Cake for my daughters friends birthday, everything edible except Barbie herself
 

Baby Shower Cake I made for a friend of a friend


 Rainbow Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and Sprinkles, I made this for one of our New Years Eve Parties

 My daughters 5th Birthday Party Theme was Ballerinas, so I baked a Ballerina Cake and Ballerina Cookies to also take home for her friends

 Cinnamon Rolls with Glaze as a sunday treat

Christmas Cookies (Caramel Shortbread, Chocolate Chip and Vanilla Stars)

 Birthday Cakes for my Sons Birthday
 

Birthday Cake for my husband when he turned 30, he loves to Barbeque (all edible, the Steak and sausages are chocolate cake, the corn is a marshmallow with fondant)

Butterfly Cupcakes

 Vanilla Cupcakes with Cream Cheese topping and Strawberry Sauce

 Yet another Barbie Cake for a friends daughter

 Double Chocolate Cupcakes with cherry whipped cream, chocolate glaze and fresh cherry on top

Cookies with Strawberry and Lemon curd, a Blueberry-Lemon Cake and a Tiramisu Cake. I made these for a Birthday Party where we celebrated my Dads and Sisters birthday, they are born only two days apart. 


 30 Seconds to Mars Cookies

 homemade Samoas (Girl Scout Cookies)

 Chocolate Cupcakes with white chocolate Cream and chocolate covered Coffee beans

 This one is my favourite and most awesome cake and I am so damn proud of myself. My friends daughter wanted a Zoo Cake and she loves monkeys. Everything is edible. Making the monkey took me like 3 days I think.

Cakes for my daughter when she started school, carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and nuts, dark chocoalte cake covered in white chocolate whipped cream and the other one is lemon cake with pink lemon mousse.  

Hope you enjoyed my creations!

Irene

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen