The last weeks were pretty exhausting and frustrating but also a lot of fun. I will get to the fun part later but will tell you about the exhausting part first...I was really sick an had to stay in the hospital for a while, which was NO FUN at all.
10 days ago (Monday) I was home alone with the kids, hubby left in the morning on a business trip and was to return Wednesday night. I went to work, picked up the kids, played with them, had dinner and put them into bed. I felt fine, just a bit tired but nothing major. I plopped myself on the couch and turned on the TV. Around 9:30 my stomach started to hurt, felt like some minor cramps as if I ate something wrong. I got up to drink something and suddenly had a piercing pain in my stomach. I called hubby and he said I should ask our neighbours for some meds. He said I might have eaten something bad or maybe too much but I didn't feel sick like throwing up, just a lot of pain. I went over to my neighbour and she gave me something to relax. I went to bed and she called a little later to ask if I still had my appendix (yes). she told me if it isn't better in the morning I should see a doc to check for appendicitis.
I didn't sleep well and when I woke up and had to get up to take the kids to kindergarten I felt dizzy and almost fainted as soon as I stood up. I slowly walked to wake up the kids and called my neighbour and my best friend. My friend came to get the kids ready and took them to the kindergarten and my neighbour took me to the hospital. They did blood and urine tests and send me to get an ultrasound. The pain was a little better (only in my lower stomach/uterus area). The ultrasound showed nothing (no appendicitis) so I was told I had to stay at least one night to be monitored. Hubby came home that afternoon and brought me stuff to the hospital. After a regular doc had checked on me I was told I need to see a Gyn as it seemed to be a Gyn problem (and NO, there was no chance of me being pregnant). I was diagnosed with an acute uterus infection. I have no idea how I got it and why it became so bad. It is caused by usual bacteria which are normally fought of by the body and only on rare occasions cause such a bad infection. I guess my previous operations and the fact that I was stressed out by changing my regular daily routine because of my new job and maybe my immune system not being able to fight it off caused it to turn out so bad.
The Gyn told me I have to undergo an antibiotic therapy...AB through an IV three times a day for 5 days plus 5 more days in form of pills at home. Which meant staying at the hospital for 5 days. The first (whole) day was bad, I didn't sleep good the night before and my body didn't react well to the AB, my stomach didn't like it, I was sick and sleeping most of the day and didn't eat much. I got fluids through the IV and ate some soup in the evening. Hubby came with the kids but I sent them home after about half an hour, I was crying and felt sooo bad. I was in a three bed room with an old lady and a lady who had a planned operation. I didn't like it much and I overall just totally hate hospitals.
Thursday was much better...the meds kicked in and I felt a lot better, I was transfered to the Gyn station and had only one nice lady in the room who was there just for a night so I had the room for myself Friday to Sunday. I was totally bored, my hubby brought me my Laptop and some stuff from work because I had a lot of stuff to do and having just started my job I wanted to leave a good impression with my boss. And I felt good enough. I was sad because I missed the kids "Laternenlauf" for St. Martins Day at the kindergarten but hubby and my sister (who came spontaneously to help) took a lot of pictures.
I was released to go home Sunday night and had to take AB as pills for the whole following week, three times a day (gross!!!) and went to my gyn for a check-up at the end of the week. And then I took the last two pills on Saturday morning right before leaving on a trip to France with my friend to see Mars in Amneville that evening... I was sooo excited I didn't have to miss it...YAY!!! More on that next...stay tuned!
Irene
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen