Freitag, 2. Dezember 2011

It's over

...or, well I should better say they are over..."they" being the most awesome, wonderful, freaking best and amazing 10 days of my life (or well, recent life...like the last year or so). As I mentioned earlier (only once or twice LOL) I am a HUGE 30 Seconds to Mars Fan....I am an Echelon with all my heart and it is so great to be part of that wonderful family. It changed my life and myself and I am soooo glad about it!!!

After I went to the Concerts in August with my hubby who likes the music but isn't really a fan I decided I would go to the Concert in Frankfurt (which was last Monday) either alone or with my friend (who has never heard the music before). I only planned to go to that one Concert but in the end I also went to another one in France and an Aftershow Party in Austria...that's life I guess. And I took my friend and she liked it too....and this last Concert was soooo perfect because I also met some of my online friends in person...and they are even nicer than I thought they are!!!!

As I have been a housewife and mother for the last years, partying wasn't really on my schedule....I never thought I really missed it as much as I apparently did (from my student years) because I was so nervous and excited and overwhelmed at some points during those days...I had a few minor panic-attacks and was near a nervous breakdown once or twice. I am sooo glad I had one of my favourite girls with me, her name is Patrizia and she has become a really good friend in such a short period of time (it's only been a month or so)....PattyMaus if you read this....THANK YOU....especially for bearing with me during my "what-the-hell-am-I-doing-here"-Moment in the Crowd in France!!

But let me tell you a little more about those days. Let me take you on a crazy journey....one I will never ever forget, one that I hope will be repeated one day in the not too far away future...

Patrizia came to my place on Friday the 18th, hubby was on a company party that night so we had a nice girl evening, talking on the phone and chatting online with other friends and having some nice deep conversations...it was great to have her here and my kids also like her a lot. Saturday we left around noon to drive to France, about 450 km. We talked, listened to Mars and had a great time. The drive was easy until we got close to the border, we wanted something to eat but couldn't find a gas station and the exit we took from the Autobahn was a weird one because we couldn't enter the Autobahn again into our direction, so we had to take country roads to the next town ,which was riight at the border. I was hungry and tired and close to my first freak-out because things weren't going well, we got lost and were late. Only highlight: We decided to ask for the way and the only person within reach was a really cute guy on a construction site with nice brown eyes....! We made it to the hotel (way to late), checked in real quick, drove to the venue and called the french girl who had my ticket (remember I won my ticket). She was already inside so my friend went inside and got my ticket from her. We then stood with them in the first rows. I had a few more freak-out moments (overwhelmed with being "alone", away from home, because I won a free ticket to a Mars Show...and lots more) and then it started and everything was perfect....like always. As soon as the room got dark, Shannon started his drumming and Jared appeared in front of the Triad on Stage I was happy. I was there with a great friend, I didn't panic and backed out of the crowd. I stood my ground and it was freaking A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!! We unfortuantely didn't get the chance to see the guys after the show as the french Security kicked us out of the venue pretty fast....that would have made even more perfect! we waited in the Car for over an hour to leave the Parking Lot and had another nice, deep conversation...(and a few more tears from me)

One week later I was back on the road, this time with my hubby and kids...for a day (and freaking awesome night)-trip to Vienna, another 450 km into the other direction. We spend the day at the zoo as a family, had dinner, put the kids to bed at the hotel and I napped for two hours before getting up at 11pm to get ready to meet my girls at the Club. It was the Aftershow-Party for their vienna Concert (Ididn't get a ticket anymore on short notice so I skipped it) and Shannon Leto (Mars Drummer) and Antoine Becks (international DJ) were DJing and Drumming. One of the Echelon-Girls organized VIP-Entry and put us on the Guestlist, we had access to the VIP-Area behind the turntables and free drinks all night.

Let me tell you...Words can't describe this evening....I have never been a hardcore-fangirl, I never stalked stars, I was never a groupie....I always despised them. The blonde dumb girls who would do anything to be in the yellow press. I am not one of them....but I wanted to be near those guys, as close as possible. I "clawed" my way through (stepped on some feet and nudged some girls with my elbows) and ended up next to the DJ turntables. Close enough to touch them and to look into their eyes....and woah...let me tell me about those eyes....or no, go see for yourself....go to google and search for Shannon Leto, find a close up of him not wearing sunglasses, then find a close up of his body...and then imagine standing next to him, on the dancefloor, sweaty and sexy....now you know how I felt ALL evening!!! I was flashed, beyond words, I felt like I was 20 again....I want to repeat this night over and over again 8even now, a week later thinking about it gives me butterflies in my stomach!)! I came home to the hotel around 6 am...and the kids got up at 7:30, so it was a short night for me.... LOL
We went to the Vienna Christkindlmarket for breakfast and then were back on the road around noon. I slept early that night because I had to work on monday and then right after work met my friend Pascaline to drive to Frankfurt for the next Concert....the last one for a looong time....

We got there around 5 pm, found a parking spot pretty fast and walked up to the entrane. There were already a few people there but not as much as I thought. We got a spot in the crowd and had to wait a little more than an hour. I called some online friends and as soon as we were inside I saw a few. We stood with them, third row. I also saw the french girl (she went to about 20 shows in the last few weeks all over Europe) who gave me my ticket in Amneville. The Opening Acts were really bad....really, they hurt my ears. But I talked to a girl next to me, she was nice and friendly, it was her first concert and she was really excited. We talked almost the whole time and found out we live close to each other....how small the world is sometimes....so I made a new friend.

The Concert started around 9:15 and as always....as soon as the room turned dark and the first growling of the opening song started everyone screamed. And there it was... that feeling again...the bass inside my stomach, the drums beating together with my heartbeat, the voice of Jared, the fans screaming and jumping, knowing the words by heart....being a part of that is one of the most awesome feeling ever. I loved being in the crowd, singing, screaming, jumping, sweating....no matter how much I freak or panic or think "this is not me - I am too old for this!"...all of that stops with the first sound of the music.....I jumped, I screamed, I sang and in the end I stood in the first row for the last song....it was the perfect end to a perfect time of my life!!!!

I wanted to go to the next Concert in Cologne the next day sooo bad, but that didn't work out (work, tickets, taking my friend back home from Frankfurt, etc...)...I was bummed and sad but at the same time crazy happy. The Concert was awesome, meeting so many people was awesome, finding new friends was awesome, becoming a "new" me during the last few months, being happier than before (despite being sad because the guys are taking a long break)...it's over for now, which makes me cry...but the fact that  happened in the first place makes me smile nonetheless....

This post is for all my new friends and sisters....
- Patty
- Mara
- Petra (x2)
- Sally
- Jessi
- Paula
....and all the others.....

I ♥ you!!!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Wow, what a trip, Irene. So happy you had this amazing experience :)

    AntwortenLöschen