Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2011

VyRT

Yes, you read that right, VyRT...but what does that mean? And no, I did not make up a new word or am talking to you in some weird ancient language.

VyRT is a new virtual experience, one that connects (or well, connected as it is already over) millions of people around the world, and I was part of it! I will let you guess what it is all about and if you followed me closely  you will know that it has something to do with....yes, Mars....again!

30 Seconds to Mars broke a Guiness World Record yesterday, they played over 300 Shows in the course of two years on a Tour for only one album (called This is War). The first show was in November 2009 in Paris, France and the last one will be tomorrow, Dec. 9th in NYC, at St. Peter's of Celsea Cathedral. Yesterday was the last full show at Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC and they celebrated it not only with their Fans there, they set up a Livestream online for everyone around the World to see. They called it VyRT and it was a virtual Ticket for the show. People could buy a code to log on to a website to follow the show and some backstage action before and after. Jared actually took his laptop on Stage with him and checked the chat messages during the show to see who is online and who is sending greetings and virtual hugs and the such.

As the Stream started at 6pm NYC-Time it was midnight here in Germany. As you might have noticed yesterday was Wednesday, so a regular weekday which meant today I had to go to WORK. So I hesitated for a while, and I also thought "hey, it's just a way to make money" and I didn't know if the Stream would work. But in the end I was curious and I didn't want to miss it because I knew a lot of my friends would be there too, we would all be sitting in front of our Laptops/PC's chatting and sharing the experience and we would be having phone conferences in the middle of the night laughing and crying and spending the last time for a long while together "attending" a concert. So I bought my ticket and yesterday I napped a bit after work and I went to bed a 9 pm to sleep a bit and got up again at 11:30pm. I turned on the Computer which is hooked up to the big flatscreen in the livingroom, I turned on my Laptop, got some M&M's and Diet Coke and watched. At some point Patrizia called and she had two other girls on the phone also so we talked and watched it together. It was a fascinating experience, sitting at home, on my couch, with my Mars Hoodie and Sweatpants, under my blanket, watching history in the making and sharing it with thousands of others and my new found friends.

There was some backstage footage right before the show and they showed the Opening Act (without sound, because of the Music rights though) and then more backstage footage and then the show!  90 Minutes plus some old school songs from their first album which they haven't played for ages...and then they brought two small kids on stage for the last song, awwww....that was soo cute. It was awesome until the last minute when all of a sudden Jared stopped singing and called Medics to the Pit Area in front of the stage. The room turned dark and you only saw some Medics and small lights. Everyone was shocked...it looked like a few girls fainted and one fell and hit her head on the metal barrier. She was carried away on a stretcher. Not a very nice end to a perfect evening but I heard she is doing OK. But nonetheless, it was awesome....a once in a lifetime experience and I am still sooo happy I attended. Even though I only slept two hours and am trying to survive today until I can go to bed at 8 pm to be more awake tomorrow for an important appointment at work.

30 Seconds to Mars have helped my go above and beyond myself and face my fears, it made me insecure, it made me cry like a baby and question everything I did in the last few years...but this journey and the last few months made me stronger, helped me focus more on myself again and brought me some great friends I wouldn't want to miss again. They help me and hold me and guide me and don't judge me...my Mars-Girls are awesome!!!


Irene

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen