Donnerstag, 10. Mai 2012

Keeper

I am a Keeper, meaning that I am a Person who likes to keep things from all kinds of trips or things I do. I wouldn't go as far as saying I hoard, but I hate to throw things away, it makes my sad and I have a hard time doing it. I keep ticket stubs and postcards, booklets, street maps and a lot more. My hubby doesn't really like it and if I wouldn't snatch them before he gets to them I would probably find them in the trash or the stack of papers who are going into recycling. I have a box full of things from my past, a box full of letters, one with old journals and diaries, one with Photos and one from various vacation trips. I have a few Albums full of pictures, ticket stubs and booklets from the first trips with my parents to the USA and my first vacation alone without parents.

What I somehow rejected was keeping track of the old music I used to listen too. I think because of YouTube and MP3 and being able to download anything and everything, I have so many CD's but I haven't listened to actual CD's for a while. A few days ago I heard a livestream from a band I really liked a few years back (and still like) and it brought back memories, so I dug out my boxes with old things and sat down, listening to the old songs and going through my old stuff. I found old diaries and pictures and Posters that used to hang on my walls. The oldest one was from my first Open Air Show...I saw Guns n' Roses live when I was 14 and I have a poster I peeled off a wall on my way home and it hung over my bed during my teen years. I also found two Nirvana Posters.Still looking for the huge picture of Axl Rose I had.

A nice trip down Memory Lane though and I think I have to do that more often!

Irene

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen