I have to admit I never really liked to do sports. Last time I actively played a sport was as a child when my parents made me do something because I guess they thought it would help me with my self-esteem and also to lose some weight because I was a little overweight as a teenager. I started playing Volleyball but didn't like it and then tried playing Handball but equally didn't like it and stopped playing, if I remember it wasn't even a year in both sports.
During my year abroad after I finished High School I gained a few kilos, if I remember it right I was around 8 kilos heavier when I came back. Luckily (or not) I lost them pretty fast due to not eating and living only off of Cola and Chocolate due to severe heart-ache after breaking up with my boyfriend. Afterwards my weight was up and down depending on how much I had to do for university, some days I basically just forgot to eat because I had to write a paper. But I never really went to a gym to do sports, even though I struggled with my weight and I was out of breath from running a few meters when I had to catch a train or something.
When I met my husband he was almost underweight, tall and skinny and weighting less then myself (really frustrating). To lose some weight and to become a little fitter I tried to go jogging with him but failed miserably because "jogging" for me was more of a "fast walking" and jogging for him was running. So we stopped after two times and I tried it by myself but that was utterly boring in my eyes. So I stopped doing sports all together.
After my pregnancies I had a problem with my abdominal muscles, they were out of shape and I developed a hernia. So doing sports was totally out of the question. I had gained weight during both pregnancies and weighted about 8 kilos more than before becoming pregnant with my first child. I was miserable because I hated looking at my belly and couldn't do anything about it. So in the end I decided to get surgery done to feel like myself again (on top of doing it for medical reasons). But my husband made me promise that I stay in shape afterwards. So as soon as my doc gave me the go I went to the Gym. I loved my new body and shape and I wanted to keep it.
So I started with the beginning of this year and to be hinest, not only my husband was sceptic that I would keep it up but I didn't really think either that I would follow through with it. One of the reasons I never got a membership at a gym was that I thought I would waste my money on a membership and would never go there. So I got a contract that can be cancelled on a monthly base, not a yearly one, despite having to pay a bit more each month.
I admit the first few weeks were hard, I tried to keep it up to go twice a week just like my trainer told me. My muscles were sore and my mood was bad some days becasue I was just exhausted. But it payed off because my gym offers check-ups every 6-8 weeks to see if there is any progress and I have lost a few centimeters around my thighs and my waist and I feel a lot fitter.
I am sooo proud of myself and I even managed to asked my trainer to call a gym in my hometown (it is a franchise) to check if I can switch without a problem after we move (yes, we are moving back to my hometown in a few weeks). That way I am kinda forced to show up there and can not find a million little excuses why I can't go on working out. Now I only have to change a few of my eating habits (Nutella for breakfast, sugar for my coffee, skipping lunch) to lose a bit of weight.
Here is a pic...have to say I LOVE my silhouette!!
Irene

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen