Dienstag, 26. Juli 2011

Greek Salad



My and hubbys newest food love (comes naturally when you spend your vacation in Greece I guess) is Greek salad. Even hubby, who rarely eats salad and always prefers a medium rare steak over anything veggie really ate a lot of it. So I thought I would share a recipe with you. It is easy to make and tastes great, it's also something you can vary a lot, depending of the ingredients you have at home or like/dislike.

Greek Salad (basic ingredients):

3 ripe tomatoes - cut into wedges
1/2 cucumber - sliced into thin rounds or half moons
1/2 green bell pepper - sliced horizontally to make "flowers"
feta or goat cheese


now comes the individual part:


red onions - sliced into rings (most salads we ate in Greece had some on them)
olives
capers
green lettuce

add any of them if you like, I personally don't eat olives and capers. I also can't stand too many onions on my salad.

Arrange tomatoes, cucumber and bell peppers in a bowl, crumble or cut up cheese and add on top, spinkle with herbs like oregano or thyme. Add individual ingredients if you like. Serve with olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. In Greece you get the salad without any dressing and oil/vinegar are in glass bottles on the table so you can choose how much you put on the salad.

Also serve some nice white bread (NOT toast, I mean Baguette or something similar) with it to soak up the remaining dressing when finished.

.
YUMYUM!! Enjoy!

Irene

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen