After spending a lot of time in the US and Canada, both on vacation and while living there during school exchanges and as an Au Pair I got used to a lot of food and drinks that I can't get over here. The years before the first Starbucks opened here in Germany were hard, I was so used to getting my Cafe Mocha fix every day. :)
I also loved Mac and Cheese and Mountain Dew and Pop Tarts and a certain brand of Cereal and a lot more and I was sooo sad that I couldn't get them here. So whenever we were in the US I would eat as much as possible and also buy as much stuff as possible to take home.
When we were visiting my friend Mara, before she and her husband moved to the US, we were able to shop for American Food on base and today we visited friends that we know because their son is in Jennys Kindergarten. He is in the US Army and they took us food shopping on base. I felt like a kid in a candy store and had to keep myself from buying EVERYTHING that I saw. We bought the most necessary things like Mountain Dew or Oreos and I also found some really cheap 8 inch round pans for baking, they were 2.99 $ ( which is about 2 Euros). I tried to find cheap 8 inch pans here and the only ones I found cost about 15 Euros so YAY for that!
It might sound weird but I LOVE american food, not everything and not every day but once in a while I need my fix because it reminds me of my time in the US and it is a change from the regular stuff. I also like a lot of recipes from the US and sometimes can't find ingredients here so I am thrilled that I can get my stuff from there once in a while when I need it (like Baking Soda or Pancake Mix).
And now I will enjoy my Diet Coke with Lime before going to bed and tomorrow morning I will have some Apple Cinnamon Pop Tarts for breakfast. YAY!!!
Irene
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen