*sigh* *going to randomly rant on here so be prepared*
I know I have neglected my blog and I am seriously mad at myself for that but right now not many people are reading this anyways so it's not that bad. I just don't find the time and if I have some spare time I just don't feel like blogging and to be honest, I don't even know what to blog about. My life is way to normal and boring to fill a blog post with it every other day. I basically get up, got to work, eat, plop down on the couch and surf the internet or do laundry or clean, pick up my kids from the kindergarten, we have coffee, play, eat dinner, put them into bed, watch TV and sleep...and I do that every day, except on the weekends were I either lounge around or clean or fight with my kids because they want to watch TV all day, sometimes we go shopping, sometimes we visit friends. I haven't been out to watch a movie in...I don't even know when it was last time, it's been forever.
Last weekend we drove up north to see my parents and they were so nice to babysit during the day so me and hubby went to the Mall to shop for clothes, have a coffee and relax all by ourselves for an afternoon. Unfortunately we don't have family close to us and even though we have friends here, most of them have their own lives and kids and the ones who don't, only occasionally feel like babysitting our kids, like once every few months. I would love to go to the movies again, even saw a commercial on TV for a movie I would love to see. A while ago I told my hubby I wanted to see a movie of which we had seen a preview the last time we went to the movies, I checked to see if it was still playing and found it had been in theaters 4 months ago... :( which meant we hadn't been out for at least 5 months.
I don't even know what exactly I do to waste my time, I get up in the morning, blink a few times and all of a sudden it is 7:30 pm and time to put the kids to bed. I wish I was organized enough to plan my days and then actually follow through with things, like maybe taking the kids to a museum. I really need to make an appointment for the regular check-up at the doc for the kids, my son needs his first appointment at the dentist (our health care company is so nice and sends out reminders for us, he is turning 3 and that's the first time you have to go). We actually managed to go to get a haircut with the kids and my stylist squuezed me in at the end to get a trim but without any colour, I need to go back for that...soon, if I find the time. She said I should come every 6 weeks in order to get my hair back to it's healthy, pre-pregnancy state, I usually make it every 3 or 4 months.
I do like the fact that I have a job now, I enjoy working, it's nice for a change, I would probably go nuts if I was still home all day, but working also takes away so much of my time. I usually work 4 hours a day but the last few weeks I worked overtime because we had a project that needed to be finished. I even worked a few hours on a saturday to finish contracts that needed to be send out. My boss always tells me I am doing a good job, he likes it that I put so much effort in my work and I like my work. It is just taking away so much of the time I need for myself to relax, to be able to focus on my family. The worst days are the ones when my hubby is gone over night and I can't even relax a bit when the kids are home because I need to care for them alone. Add some serious case of winter depressions because the temperatures dropped to -20° Celcius and a) I am freezing all the time, even inside b) there is no way I can go outside to play with the kids in the afternoon and c) I freeze my ass off in the morning trying to scrape all the ice off my car only to learn it won't start because the battery is dead or my windows are frozen from the inside! I love snow, it's so pretty to watch and take pictures off - from inside my livingroom - but I hate the cold. If I ever get that change to move to some other country (like maybe the US) I will definitely move to either California or Florida (or at least anything south of South Carolina).
I guess I could go on and rant even more about how much I dislike my life, how much I really want to loose some weight and how much I want to get more organized right now but I don't want to scare away the few people reading this so I will stop here. :) If you have some encouraging words I would totally appreciate them.
Irene
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen