During the last few days I had to deal with a few more not-so-nice mood swings and a serious case of the blues, paired with crying and doubting myself over and over again...just another one of those down phases that had been gone for a while but after one incident (which I don't really want to discuss here) came back. Someone said something and that triggered a whole lot of emotions that upset me and the fact THAT I am so upset by them upsets me even more.
All of this has led to yet another discussion with my husband about my state of mind and my feelings and the fact that those feelings, along with mood swings and anxiety attacks came back unexpected have totally thrown him off and he basically is back to the beginning and unable to help me through it.
Fortunately, some days you come across things online, or by talking to someone, that perfectly fits the situation you are in or that strikes a chord, maybe an article you read or your friend mentioning something that helps you. I have come across a blog because one of my Facebook friends posted a link on their wall. It was a post (well more like two posts) about what or what not to say to someone with a chronic or invisible illness.
I have heard a lot of those phrases before and even though I understand (much like it is also said there) that people only want to help or maybe just want to say ANYTHING and don't know what to say. But most of the time good intentions turn out not to be so good after all.
So her you go, read the things not to say and the things you should say to someone with a chronic or invisible illness (like depression happens to be).
Feedback is appreciated and I would also be happy about a few nice comments
Irene
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen