Donnerstag, 1. September 2011

Nailpolish

Something light and funny today, even though I wrote a VEEERY long post/story about myself and the process of change that is happening in my life right now. But it's not only very long, but also very personal and kind of dark and moody so I will keep that for a day when I feel about sharing it. And as it is almost bedtime i will keep it short today.

Let's talk weird hobbies and addictions right now. I am addicted to nailpolish. It has been worse before, especially in my teens and twenties but it is slowly coming back (part of the change process I guess). I used to paint my nails all. the. time. I wouldn't go out with naked nails, I spent hours and hours painting them (one reason I stopped, with two kids you don't have hours and hours for it). Different colours on each nail or pink, black, green, purple, glow-in-the-dark, french, you name it...whenever I go shopping and there is an aisle with cosmetics and nail polish I have to stop and always find something nice I would  like to have. Nowadays I usually stop myself from buying more because I rarely use them, I have so many different kinds that still have nailpolish which is 10 years old (but still good).

Now that my kids are a little older and there is no risk that one of them will eat my nailpolish because they suck on my finger (which actually didn't happen much even when they were babies, only while teething I think) I think I will get back into the habit of painting them. I like painted nails, it looks good, and cultivated and It makes my hands look longer (they are kinda short and chubby - like me) :) And my daughter loves getting her nails painted so it's a fun mommy-daughter thing to do now.

I'll say good night now and leave you with a pic of my collection and my nails coloured in my newest addition - neon pink:





Irene

1 Kommentar:

  1. Oh wow, quite the collection! I never painted my nails much, mainly because I use to keep them short.

    AntwortenLöschen