Donnerstag, 11. August 2011

Busy

Yesterday morning I sat on the couch and thought about posting another entry but couldn't really come up with anything. I was gonna name the blog post "Bored" and tell you all how bored I am and also tell you that I had recently read a blog post from someone (on a blog I found when I was blog-hopping because I was so bored) who wrote about the "Epidemic of the "I'm so Busy-i-tis" " which is a sarcastic look onto people (or moms) who think it is necessary to tell the whole world how busy they are by rattling off their to-do lists to anyone who will listen because it makes them feel important. You can read her blog post here (and she also has some more intersting ones). I was thinking about it and actually realized I was totally "un-busy" right then. I mean there are a lot of things that need to be done around the house, but I didn't feel like doing them. But then I thought about it again and said to myself "get your lazy butt off the couch an do something" Hubby is on a business trip, due to be home tonight and wouldn't it be a nice surprise if the whole house is squeaky clean (for once, usually it's on a "clean enough"-level) because both of us don't feel like spending our weekends frantically cleaning toilets or dusting. And with him working during the week and me, well being a housewife (you know, housewife TV, Coffe parties, shopping trips, doing my nails ;) ) there is no time during the week for frantical deep cleaning.

So I spend yesterday morning cleaning, continued after picking up my son while he was taking a nap and even got a few things done in the afternoon while he was playing (first he helped me by dragging his toy vacuum cleaner behind him playing "vacuuming" but then he went back to making a mess in his freshly cleaned bedroom) because my daughter all of a sudden was able to spend some time at the neighbours playing with a boy from her kindergarten (his grandparents are our neighbours and he often spends his afternoons there with his mom, they really like Jenny). In the evening a friend came over and I offered to help her with something so that also kept me busy for a while this morning. For lunch I went to meet her to talk about stuff and after picking up Fynn from the kindergarten I should be finishing my cleaning spree right now but as I saved the best for last (cleaning the bathrooms) I don't really feel like it... *sigh*

Oh well, off I go...

Irene

P.S. somewhere in between I also applied for a job, waiting for a response now so please keep your fingers crossed, who knows maybe I will be busier that I want to in the near future.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Oh man : ) I love this post! I need to do a big cleaning. I just never feel like it. I don't usually get a chance to be bored since the kids ALWAYS want to go somewhere. I just have one but he has a lot of friends and they all practically live here during the summer.

    AntwortenLöschen