Yep, you read that right. I was going to tell you that little story yesterday but then I was lazy and all of a sudden it was 5 pm. I still had to do some grocery shopping and also our old neighbours (which are good friends) wanted to visit for a BBQ.
Anyways, let me tell you this little story about my son. It is kinda gross but also kinda funny and definitely something to remember and tell at his wedding one day (*evilgrin*)
Fynn is a little over two years old now (his birthday is in May) and he is still wearing diapers. We have tried sitting him on the toilet once in a while, he sometimes even demands it when he sees his older sister or one of us. So far nothing really happened, he once pooped a bit but that was probably pure luck because it was almost right after dinner. Usually he would sit for a minute and then decalre he is done and wants his diaper back. I am fine with that, no need to hurry.
Our daily routine during the week is that I pick him up for the kindergarten around 12:45 pm, he has lunch there around 12 and after picking him up I put him down for a nap until around 3 pm and then we go and pick up his sister. He usually sleeps those two hours and most days really needs it because they go outside to play a lot and run around so he is tired. But every once in a while he comes home and doesn't feel like sleeping. He will throw a fit when I try to put him to bed and will yell and scream and cry for a while. Sometimes it takes up to an hour for him to fall asleep. Some days he will go to bed without any problems but will sit there and babble, sing, call my name, tell me he's not tired and other things. It doesn't happen very often but has occured a few times that he will not sleep at all during those two hours.
A few weeks ago was one of these days, he was bbaling, calling my name and singing and all of a sudden he called me and said "Mommy, Fynn no diaper, I took it off." I went upstairs and there he was, standing in his bed holding his diaper. He had managed to take off his pyjama pants, open the buttons of his onesie and took off his diaper. I told him that's not nice and he is a bad boy. I also told him he would wet his bed if he pees in his sleep without a diaper (trying to explain that to a two-year old is probably a waste of time, but oh well). That day I had to go up to his room two more times before he slept. He would just smile and giggle and had a good time chasing me around.
It happened again and that time he actually peed in his bed. Hubby was home and after putting the diaper back on twice didn't really care anymore. He told him it is his own fault if the bed is wet (the man's way of doing that). Which it was about half an hour later. That kinda helped and he didn't do it again for a while. Well, until last Friday. I had put him down for a nap around 1 pm and he was not amused. he was crying and didn't want to sleep. Around 1:45 pm he suddenly was silent and I thought he had fallen asleep. A few minutes later he suddenly started crying, really loud, kinda hysterically. "Mommy, Fynn pee, mommy look pee". So I went to check, turn on the light and he shows me his hand, suddenly quiet and smiling "look mommy, chocolate". I scan his bed and say "eww, that's not chocolate, that's poop" (bad idea). He starts crying again "mommy, wash hands, eww, poop, look my legs". It was everywhere. His hands, legs, his bed...and outside of his bed was his (clean) diaper. Guess he took it off and fell asleep.
So I called hubby to come upstairs and we put him in the bathtub to clean him off. I cleaned his bed and put new sheets on and after putting him back to bed he was asleep in no time.
He talks about it every day now, when his diaper is full or if he sees his sister use the toilet so I guess it stuck. Let's just hope he won't do it again, it was really gross.
Irene
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen