Donnerstag, 4. August 2011

Grumpy

Arghhh...shouldn't it be summer? Sunny, warm, gorgeous outside? Birds, flowers, butterflies? Kiddy pools, sunbathing and ice cream? A typical day should start with the sun waking you up, putting on shorts and flip flops, grabbing an iced coffee or vanilla frappucino from the fridge and either walking the kids to the kindergarten or taking them in the car with the windows down.

Well, it wasn't really like that before we went on vacation. I guess it was nice weather about 2 times a week, the other 5 days were either grey or rainy or started out great but became grey and rainy around noon, and even if the day was nice, there was definitely a thunderstorm in the early evening and rain during the night (so no sitting outside with a glass of wine enjoying the sunset). We tried having dinner in a "Biergarten" once and ended up eating our food standing under a roof because it was hailing and thundering.

Tuesday was nice, around 28 Celcius, so we went to the pool with the kids in the afternoon, Wednesday I planned to do the same but it started raining around noon, today I woke up to heavy rain and also just found out that a lot of streets and basements/cellars have been flooded in my hometown because of constant rain during the last days. My parents are on vacation so I called them, they asked a neighbour to check and just called to tell me they are on their way back home (about a 3 hour drive) because one of the rooms in the cellar is wet (fortunately not their bedroom). *sigh* It's really depressing !

This weather is making me grumpy, even more because I got used to the wonderful sunny weather on Crete only to return to THIS. Add grumpy and annoying kids plus a few other things not going as planned and it all makes me want to stay in bed all day!

So here we go, a list of things that annoyed me in the past week (in addition to the grey weather):

a) Hubby being sick. I know it wasn't his fault because stomach bugs can happen to anyone, but it totally messed up our schedule and I had to take care of the kids myself instead of relaxing and spending some quality time with my hubby at home. Plus hubby rarely is sick, but if he is he is whiny and miserable.

b) My friend Pascaline came to visit on Monday and we wanted to catch up but the kids were either clinging to me, fighting over nothing or interrupting us with nonsense questions just because they were bored.

c) Pascaline invited me to go out for dinner on Tuesday (no kids or hubbys) so I went out with her while hubby got food from McD's for dinner for the kids. I had done laundry and turned on the dishwasher during the day. We came back from the pool right before I had to leave and while I got ready and hubby checked his work emails to see something important came up while we were gone the kids scattered toys all over the living room. Guess how it looked when I came back around midnight? Yep, exactly like it did when I left. No hung up laundry, no empty dishwasher and all the toys were still there ! Plus dirty dishes everywhere.

d) When I asked hubby what exactly he did Tuesday evening he said: "I was tired and went to bed almost the same time the kids did. I didn't feel like doing housework and anyways, the kids are at the kindergarten during the day so you have enough time to do it yourself." ARGH...

e) Our heating oil was empty right after we came back from vacation. I wanted to take a shower and only got cold/lukewarm water. Had to order some and it was exactly after the price had just gone up. Lots of money to spend which we didn't expect to spend.

f) My microwave is slowly quitting it, it has been acting up for a while now by not heating up stuff anymore on HIGH and only heating stuff to lukewarm on lower wattage (or taking forever to heat it up to hot) every now and then. It worked if you would give it a good smack but now that only works 1 out of 3 times. I know it is old (about 11 years now) so it is OK if it quits working. But getting a new one means having to spend even more money plus I need to search for one that is good, not to expensive, that I like and which fits into the space were the old one is now (it is build into one of our cupboards).

*SIGH*

Irene

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen