Freitag, 5. August 2011

Vanillesandkuchen (Vanilla Madeira Cake)

I decided that I will share my favourite recipes with you. Mostly baking recipes I think but also cooking recipes that I really like. Some recipes will be ones that I have used 1000 times, some will be ones I found online, tried once or twice and liked. But I will have tried all of them before sharing them on here - I promise.

Todays recipe is for Vanillesandkuchen. (Google told me that the English translation for Sandkuchen is Madeira Cake)

I found this recipe on www.chefkoch.de, a German Recipe Website were you can post your favourite recipes and others can rate them. I was searching for a fluffy and moist cake for my daughters Barbie Cake back in January and this was one of the first I found. It is really easy and fast to make (especially if you have a Kitchen Aid or something similar) and absolutely yummy! I've also used it to bake muffins and it works well. Best way to eat it is with some lemon icing on top (you know, water, lemon juice and powdered sugar). You can also adapt the recipe and use lemon flavour instead of vanilla if you like. The cake is really moist and will stay that way in an airtight container for a few days. As the Barbie Cake was pretty big and the girls all just ate a small piece we still had leftovers for I think 4 days and it still tasted great on day 4.

Here is the German Version, scroll down for English Version

200 g Mehl
1 Pck. Puddingpulver (Bourbon Vanille)
10 g Backpulver
160 g Butter (zimmerwarm)
120 g Puderzucker
3 Pck. Vanillezucker
Eier
125 ml Schlagsahne
½ Flasche Buttervanille-Aroma
 
* Weiche Butter mit Zucker schaumig rühren
* Eier dazu geben und sehr cremig rühren
* Mit Backpulver versiebtes Mehl und die restlichen Zutaten einrühren.
* Den Teig in eine vorbereitete Hupfform füllen
* Im vorgeheizten Ofen bei 160° Umluft ca. 35- 40 min backen (Stäbchenprobe).

2 Cups Flour
1 Pack Instant Vanilla Pudding (Jell-o)
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
3/4 Cup Butter (room temperature)
1 Cup Confectioner's Sugar
3 Packs Vanilla Sugar (in Germany you can get little packs of vanilla flavored sugar, each contains about 15 g - if you can't get it use a bit more sugar and also more Vanilla Extract instead)
Eggs
1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
     Vanilla Extract

* Cream Butter and Sugar
* Add Eggs one at a time until very creamy
* Sift Flour and Baking Powder together and add to mix
* Add remaining ingredients
* Fill into Pan (recipe calls for a Bundt Cake but I used a regular one, about 26 cm (10 1/2 ''))
* Bake for 35 - 40 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean) at 320° F

Enjoy!

Irene

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen