Samstag, 13. August 2011

Oh Jared...

Please excuse if this post is a little blurry and I use phrases like OH MY GOD or equal a lot...I am still in a kind of post-concert bliss and I feel like a teenager again.

Why is that you ask? Well, I went to a Rock-Concert yesterday, and not just any Concert, it was 30 Seconds to Mars and it was absolutely GREAT!!! Better than I had ever imagined, I had been anxiously waiting for the day ever since I ordered the tickets in June and I was all giddy and excited all day. Even the fact that I had to sit at the doc forever (had a check-up appointment but they had an emercency coming in and I had to wait for over two hours) wouldn't put me in a bad mood like it usually does.

I know, being over 30, I am not a "normal" teenie-fan anymore, and I was made aware of that even before the concert when we were watching the "hardcore" fans down on the floor (we hads seats on the stands) sweating and getting squished in the front row. I used to be one of them, pushing my way to the front or second row (no matter how much the others would kick me or swear at me), sweating, jumping, singing band songs really loud, but watching that yesterday I couldn't imagine myself down there (at least not until I saw them being brought up on stage to sing with the band during the concert, THEN I wished i would have gotten floor tickets!). There was one girl who had to be taken out by the medics even before the show started because she had fainted and there were a few more during the concert.

We were there around 6 pm, the doors open not long after that, we found our seats, got something to eat and I bought a T-Shirt as a souvenir. Then we waited and watched the crazy people down on the floor. At 8 there was a pre-band, actually it was some 30STM Crew Members playing Cover Songs for about 30 minuted and then more waiting until the band came around 9:10 pm.

What I really like about 30STM or especially their front man Jared (besides him being a real hottie) is that they are soo close to their fans. During the show Jared would stop singing and just talk to the fans, interact with them, get some of them out of the front rows to put them on stage and talk to them like they were friends. At one point during the show he was at the front of the stage, really close to the fans singing "Hurricane" unplugged (just him and his guitar) and they pulled on girl out, she was obviously dehydrated and about to faint. He stopped singing, asked what's happening to her, if she is OK and talked to the security to put her up on stage with him. he had her sit on stage, close to him for about 15 minutes while he sang, every so often checking on her, talking to her, hugging her and gave her a kiss on the cheek (which nearly made her faint again). It was sooo absolutely great. OH MY GOD, how I would have loved to be her or to be close enough to the stage to be chosen as one of the fans to be up on stage for some of the songs.

me before the Concert
♥ Jared on stage ♥

They played for 90 minutes and it was soooo GREAT! Really, it was such a great Concert. I actually came home and checked online to see were they are going to be next and I am seriously thinking about going to the Concert in Hamburg, because they will be there in 10 days and we will be visiting my parents that time, they live about an hour away from Hamburg. They Nuremberg  Show was inside, the one in Hamburg will beOpen Air which I think is even better. Open Air Shows in the Summer are the best things ever!!!

And now excuse me, I will go and listen to some music or watch the Closer to the Edge Music Video once again (it's the BEST Video!!) or surf the web, look at some Jared Pictures and drool ;)

Irene

1 Kommentar:

  1. Oh, that sounds like SUCH a great concert. I adore Jared ever since he was on "My So-called Life" :)
    So jealous that you got to see him perform :)

    AntwortenLöschen